Brainy Gourmet

Brainy Gourmet
The Doctor is into Delicious!

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

If you are like me, you are getting ready to serve dinner to those you love. Hence, I don't have much time to blog. If you remember from an earlier post, I wrote that eating is social and as a sociologist, I can tell you that we live a social reality -Thoreau discovered this on Walden Pond. I pray that those who have no family to turn to on this day, or dinner to go to, will find themselves invited in. Set a plate and invite family and friends and those in need to join you in the celebration of this holiday and of life. If you don't have much to put on the table, don't worry. I lived in Eastern Europe for some time where Thanksgiving is not a national holiday, nor known as a celebration. I bought a chicken and roasted it, boiled potatoes and bakes apples. Guess what, a few friends showed up and we sat down to a lovely dinner. Eating is social, we need other people and they need us. "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will filled/" - Matthew 5:6  Make your table special, a setting that looks nice will make the food taste even better and the company even more special.

No comments:

Post a Comment