a Ministry of Food and Family...

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Breakfast, 1 egg over easy on an English Muffin

The cost of this breakfast is about $1.50 per serving; I buy eggs at Aldi and have been able to get them recently for .89cents a dozen. The English muffins at Aldi are good and the cost per package is a lot less than the $4 package at any major grocery chain. I also buy my diary products there like cream cheese, sour cream, heavy cream, cottage cheese, butter and milk.

This breakfast takes about 5 min to prepare. In a skillet on low, you fry your egg in one pat of butter on low, and then pop a whole English muffin into your toaster.

I like my egg over easy and so when I think it is ready to flop over, I turn it. The muffin pops up and I butter it quickly and I also like a pat or two of cream cheese. Then I top that muffin half with my egg and sprinkle with dried herb seasoning.  The other half of the muffin I also butter and spread cream cheese on
and add a spoon of my favorite seedless jam, sprinkled with fresh dried mint. Vola!
Of course, breakfast is not worth getting up for without a solid cup of dark rich coffee. Most people don't like coffee because they make it too weak.  Strong coffee, if it is good coffee, is rich in flavor, soft and not bitter. I buy Jacobs (from Germany) or Folgers Gourmet; best is the Mocha!

No comments:

Post a Comment