a Ministry of Food and Family...

Thursday, November 20, 2014

The Benefits of Rosemary

I have always liked the taste and smell of fresh and or dried rosemary; but, I had no idea that it had so many interesting and healthful attributes.

Rosemary's botanical name is Rosmarinus officinalis meaning 'dew of the sea' which is probably 'due' to its native Mediterranean habitat.

When I was in Italy, I found it growing naturally just about everywhere and I used it everyday in my cooking. I still use it in all my cooking from soup to sauce and even in tea.

Rosemary is easy to grow at home and also easy to harvest and to dry (right in your own oven). Rosemary provides a wonderful flavor to just about anything you cook. It is also touted as a brain booster, as aroma therapy, a memory aid, a hair growth tonic, an anti inflammatory and numerous other health benefits.



Online Source ~ https://foodfacts.mercola.com/rosemary.html


No comments:

Post a Comment