Brainy Gourmet

Brainy Gourmet
The Doctor is into Delicious!

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Lamb for Dinner ~ An Excellent Choice If I Do Say So!


Price per serving for two: $3.50

You will need to buy two or as many ground lamb patties as you need. I bought my favorite brand, two nice thick patties cost no more than $5.51. To that as a side, potatoes and baked squash, which I happen to have on hand... figuring in at an additional 1.50. The squash came from my garden and the potatoes I have been trying to use up for the last month. Potatoes do keep very well. We have a root cellar, quite large and well ventilated.

Take from your pantry:
Sea Salt
Olive Oil
Coconut Oil
Garlic Powder
Red Pepper Flakes
Dried herb seasonings.
*rosemary, mint and oregano

Grab your covered skillet and as usual, add 3 tbs of coconut oil and the same of olive oil. Some of you may wonder why always the same amount. Well, I am cooking for two, I know what I need for that amount. But, any good cook should be able to judge the amount of oils need to cook any piece (s) of meat, fish or chicken. As far as I am concerned, when it comes to good oils, there is no set amount. Just be generous enough to cook the meat without burning and enough oil so that you get a good liquid, savory sauce from it. 
Turn on the oven and when hot enough, bake your potatoes and squash. Of course, you can microwave.
This is the fastest meal around... in my opinion. The lamb takes all of 25 mins. When your oils are melted and mixing up in the skillet, add your seasoning to taste and lay in the lamb. You can also sprinkle the top of the patties with more dried herb seasoning, as with oils, when it comes to herbs... too much is not a problem.
That is all! ... "if you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in and we will share a meal together as friends. Rev. 3:20



No comments:

Post a Comment