a Ministry of Food and Family...

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Angus Ground Beef Stroganoff

Price per serving for two: $1.87

If you are wondering how it is that I make brainy meals for so little money it is because I am frugal. That is what this food blog ministry is about. I offer you information on how to make good food for 'pennies' as the saying goes. You have to be a smart shopper, not lured by ads or coupons. I go into a store with a list and I get what is on that list only. I look for sales on meat and buy that sale product/special. I do not buy anything that is not on sale or not reduced in price. I do not buy pre-cooked, pre-packaged food or fast food products/additives of any kind. Plus, I keep a stocked basic pantry and that helps a lot. You can do so much with just the basics (see right margin of this blog).

Ok, today you will need no more than 1 pound of ground beef. Prepare as if making your favorite meatball recipe. I like to use bread crumbs and cream along with dried herbs. In a covered skillet, melt in 3 tbs of olive oil and coconut oil. Slice mushrooms and chop onions to add the skillet. Cook until the edges are browned. Now, pour in 1/2 cup of beef or even chicken stock. Drop in your meatballs and simmer until meatballs are completely cooked. Add 1/3 cup of heavy cream. Turn heat to low or warm.

Boil wide egg noodles or you can use fettuccine noodles if you have. Once they are tender, remove and drain. Lay out the cooked noodles in a large serving platter and pour out our meatball sauce. Garnish with fresh green parsley.





Blessings to you and yours!



No comments:

Post a Comment