a Ministry of Food and Family...

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Tagliatelle with Roasted Red Peppers, Tomatoes and Eggplant

Price per serving for two: $1.50

Why such a low cost?  That is a good question. It is due to the frugal fact that I use leftovers. Using food from yesterday or a few days ago is a good practice as long as the leftover was refrigerated just after the first use. It's just frugal goodness ...

So, what did I have leftover. I had a tomato, red pepper and onion based au jus sauce from an Italian Sausage dinner. To that, I added leftover eggplant from a previous meal and I also added a small can of roasted red tomatoes . Lastly, I added some additional fresh chopped onion and garlic. All went into the skillet and simmered for 25 mins.



In a large stock pot, I poured water and put in a pinch of salt to cook the pasta. Put in your pasta when it starts to roll. Tagliatelle is not as wide a noodle as is fettuccine but it is wider than the linguine pasta 'noodle'. For me, wider is better as it keeps the sauce on.







Basically, that's it.  Enjoy!



Get some bread to soak up the juices...

No comments:

Post a Comment