a Ministry of Food and Family...

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The Best Ever Chicken Marsala

Price per serving for two: $ 3.09


You will need to buy a package of chicken thighs, skin on. I bought a six piece package of the Kirkwood from Aldi for only $3.35.  This chicken has never failed ~ juicy and delicious. I also bought a new pasta item from Aldi, one large bag cost $1.99.  I already purchased a package of mushrooms for 1.69 and divided that by two having used one half yesterday.

Take from your pantry list:
Sea Salt
Olive Oil
Coconut Oil
Fresh Butter
Garlic Powder
Red Pepper Flakes
Dried herb seasonings
*rosemary, mint and orgeano
 Also, you will need heavy cream which is a basic pantry/fridge item.

I like to simmer my chicken thighs for at least a good 50 min. in olive oil and half a stick of butter, one tsp of coconut oil. First, I wash and remove extra fatty skin from the thighs. Then I coat them in all the seasonings listed above, always to taste. Next, I place them in my favorite covered skillet and simmer for nearly one hour, checking and turning from time to time.  I then slice the mushrooms and add to the skillet, cover and cook until the mushrooms are darkened and tender, now you can add your heavy cream. I use about 1/3 cup. Cover and simmer for 5- 8 min.

In this time, you can prepare the noodles. I like to use wide egg noodles. As always simple to do just boil water, add a pinch of salt; once the water is at a rolling boil, add your noodles. I find that 10-12 min and they are ready. Drain your noodles, put them onto a large low lipped serving dish. Place your chicken thighs on top and pour out the sauce over the top.  Invite everyone to the table, say the Blessing and dig in cause its really really good.






No comments:

Post a Comment