a Ministry of Food and Family...

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Spaghetti with Meatballs in a Creamy Vodka Sauce

Price per serving for two: $ 2.60

Yesterday, I mentioned that there may be a situation where you can't go to the grocery store to get what you want let alone need. As the brainy gourmet, I recommend building a basic stocked pantry which you can find in brainy archives. www.brainygourmet.com

Today, I making spaghetti and meatballs in a creamy vodka sauce. I will start by using the left over Swedish meatballs which I made yesterday. They are even better today as they have had time to intensely gather  all the flavors from the creamy white sauce based on beef stock. To do this spaghetti dish, all you have to do is heat up the left over meatballs, add a small can of crushed tomatoes and 2 tbs. of vodka.  Let this simmer on the stove for 30 min. I like to add to extra Italian seasoning - my own dried herb seasoning which is a mixture of rosemary, mint and oregano and I also like to add some fresh grated Asiago cheese.

The only thing left to do is boil water for the pasta. Like my nonna would say - Buon Appetito!


No comments:

Post a Comment