a Ministry of Food and Family...

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Making it Simple ~ Stove Top Pork Roast with Carrots

Once my oven quit and I had to think on my feet. I thought, why not do a stove top roast. All you need to have is a good cast iron covered stock pot. I had bought a small pork roast (3/4 - 1 lb) or you can even use a pork butt of the same size. In my covered stock pot, I seared it on all sides in olive oil and chopped onion. Then, I added fresh dried herbs, some garlic powder and salt along with 2 tbs of water to simmer covered for 2 hours on low heat.  I also like to throw in some fresh baby carrots about mid way.

The one herb that really brings out the flavor in this simple dish is rosemary. So, add an additional sprig if you have one.  As a side, you can serve baked or microwaved whole acorn squash or individual potatoes. This is so simple and takes the least amount of effort that I was able to go outside and rake up 10 piles of hay.

When I came back in, the kitchen was filled with the most wonderful aroma! Everyone who entered asked "what's for dinner?"


~ Tutti a Tavola!

No comments:

Post a Comment