a Ministry of Food and Family...

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Sooner or Later... You Are Gonna Get Leftovers


I heard my Nonna was good at leftovers. She knew that leftovers can be revived by adding a small simple meat and sauce to revive what's leftover. Therefore, in her memory, I follow her lead.

To begin... take from the fridge whatever leftovers you want to use up. Then decide what meat or fish you want to cook. The simple meat I like to use is ground lamb made into patties to be sauteed on med heat in olive oil and dried herbs with a bit of garlic powder and red pepper flakes.

Ground lamb cooks fairly fast. Once the meat is no longer pink inside, check by pushing down on the patties to see the juices run clear, you should reduce the heat, cover and decide how to re-heat your leftovers. While you either microwave or bake/boil your leftovers, you can prepare a sauce/gravy using any of the juices from the lamb patties. Sauce always compliments and zings up leftovers.

As for my leftovers, I had leftover pasta and asparagus.... with gravy on the side.

 ~ Tutti a Tavola!


skinny version...



hungry version ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment