Brainy Gourmet

Brainy Gourmet
The Doctor is into Delicious!

Monday, January 18, 2016

Pepper Steak with Buckwheat Groats



Pepper steak will heat up a winter night. It is probably made a lot of different ways in many parts of the world, at least in parts where people love to eat beef because they not only love the taste but have access to it.  I like mine simple and full of flavor and juices. The cut of meat I use is just good ole 'lean' stew meat. Before cooking, I like to let it sit in 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar for just about 10-15 min.

In the meantime, I chop, slice and or dice up one whole onion, one green pepper and one red pepper. Then I saute on med heat the onion and pepper in 2 tbs of olive oil and the same of coconut oil.  Once they are tender and starting to brown on the edges, I add the steak. I like to sprinkle on garlic powder and rosemary and pour in about 1/4 cup of beef stock and 1 tbs of steak sauce before simmering on the stove covered for 30 min. on low heat.

Boil in the bag either brown rice or buckwheat groats. When fully cooked, drain and ladle into a serving dish and top with steak and peppers.

~Tutti a Tavola!

No comments:

Post a Comment